Smith Rock Community Church is seeking a full time Family pastor who will also be involved in the planting of a church to become its campus pastor at the end of October 2019.
The Family Pastor is a full-time position and will work closely with the pastor to effectively reach families and children in the area and help equip parents in the church to be the spiritual leaders in their homes, as well as oversee kids and family ministry in the church.
- Help develop and implement a strategy for reaching families and kids in the community
- Implement and oversee the strategy for equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders of their homes.
- Administer the youth and kids’ ministries of the church, training, equipping, and supporting the leaders of those ministries.
- Help plant a church in N Redmond and become its campus pastor.
- Opportunity to preach
- Have a deepening, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a fruitful life of discipleship
- Have a strong prayer and Bible reading life
- Have a desire to learn and grow
- Long to see lives changed through the Gospel
- Be passionate about equipping families through structures God has instituted.
- Be a proponent of discipleship and spiritual formation through missional communities.
- Preferably have some formal Bible college or seminary education
The salary for this position is $40,000 per annum, plus $5,000 towards health insurance, and the church will guarantee this salary for two years. At the present time the church does not have a sufficient budget to sustain this as a full-time position beyond two years but anticipates with the increased growth from reaching younger families and the church plant this will be possible.
SRCC is located in the heart of Terrebonne, and averages around seventy five in worship. Terrebonne is a rural community, five miles outside of Redmond and Crooked River Ranch, and two miles from Smith Rock State Park. There is an elementary school in Terrebonne which draws from a wide surrounding area.
While the population of Terrebonne itself is only 1,257, within a seven-mile radius the population is 6,810. The population of Redmond is 30,000. The median age in Terrebonne is 40, and while the population of the community is older there is a growing demographic of younger families moving in. The median age in Redmond is 37 and there are many more younger families. The church’s intention is for the church to represent the demographic of our community, (we are older), and it is the strong desire of the church to correct this and implement a strategy of intentionally reaching younger families.
Terrebonne is situated in an outdoor person’s paradise, with world famous climbing at Smith Rock State Park just two miles away, as well as a myriad or trails for hiking, Mtn biking, backpacking, streams, rivers, lakes, mountains and skilling all easily accessible. In addition to this Redmond and Bend are rapidly growing towns.
If you feel the Lord is leading you to be part of His work in Central Oregon, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information call (541) 848-9181